Sunday, February 1, 2009

Hello. So i've spent my first full day in Seville. We got up for breakfast at around 10, and I ate my first tostada, which is kinda like a bagel without the hole in the middle, toasted, with jam on it. You could also get ham and other types of things if you wanted them. I also drank hot chocolate. There is a specialty in Spain called churros and hot chocolate, which Abby got, and I tried it. It's kinda like a funnel cake dipped in hot chocolate, and it was actually really good.Darby wants me to show her how to make sweet tea, so we have to go to the store sometime this week to get the right pitchers. After breakfast we went to church where we heard a lady named Nanette speak about her mission to help put Romanian children in foster homes because there were many of them in the orphanage that weren't being taken care of. After church we went to lunch at a Don Kebob place, which was really good. I got tea there too, and it was cinnamon flavored. I really enjoyed it. After lunch we went to the Acton's house and played with the kids for awhile. They had a trampoline that we jumped on and played a different kind of game of dodgeball. Abby and I basically threw bouncy balls at the kids from the window. Then later Darby, Laura, Bella and I played skip bo. We went to another church service at a school called Culto Con Leche, which was really good. There was a lot of talent in the group that did the music, as well as a dancer that had a hard time with her CD messing up. She did really good though. Afterwards we had some desserts and then I came back to the house for a little while. At midnight we are going to watch the superbowl at the Acton's house. Go Steelers! I'm really excited about that. That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment