Thursday, February 19, 2009

I'm starting to think keeping a blog is harder than I thought. I've been very busy the past few days. Tuesday and Wednesday I went walking, trying to find my way around town and manage bus schedules. I finally found a bus map after walking around the world, and I managed to get lost, and then find myself, multiple times. I did accomplish knowing where I was at any given moment, though, so now I will be less lost. The city has many small roads and alleys, which makes it difficult to maneuver. I ate lunch with Sean and Shelley and Shayln and Shaphan yesterday at a Tex-Mex restaurant called Tijuana's. I miss El Mexicano. I also bought some groceries yesterday, along with an alarm clock that doesn't work and a set of hangers I don't need. I am going to return the latter two items. Today I went into Bormujos to see some people and get some things from the other house. While I was there I got a cell phone, because a guy named Nathan ended up not coming, so I got his cell phone, and I got some hangers. I also finally figured out how to get a bus pass for the city, because the one that I have only goes from the city to the pueblos. I had to get a yellow card, called a tarjeta mensual, or monthly card. It is one of three different kinds, but it offers the best deal for my situation. It is unlimited travel for 30 days. It took me forever to find one of those, too, but Abby told me where to go. Tomorrow I am going to take my test, finally, for my classes. I hope all goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment