Friday, February 20, 2009

So I don't understand the names in this city. Yes, I did just start a sentence with so. Anyway, I've seen buses traveling to and from Kansas City. Now I don't know where this Kansas city is...but I know that I'm NOT in Kansas. I've also seen a bus with the heading "La Paz". Now for those of you who don't know...La Paz is in Bolivia...which is in South America...across The Big Blue. There are buses going to this place. They must have taken notes from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Now I'm guessing that these are places in which people are dropped off and picked up, otherwise known as plazas, or "paradas"-meaning stops. There is, in fact, a Plaza de America, a Plaza de Cuba, and I've also seen Guatemala and Mexico. San Diego is also included in this odd mix, as well as Puerta de la Carne, or, Door of the meat (beef). I have no clue what that means. So my question is, are these people for real? I mean, I know in NYC we have little Italy and Chinatown, but do we go as far as The Beef Door? I really do not understand...

No comments:

Post a Comment