Friday, February 6, 2009

So we did end up going to IKEA, but i'll get to that. Darby and Abby left early to go into town, and I wanted to sleep a little longer, so I told them i'd meet them. I did get up and I left the house to find the bus station, in the rain, and first I went the wrong way, so I called Sean. I finally found the bus station, but I missed the bus. It drove right past me. So there I sat for another 20 minutes, drenched, but not getting continually so because I was under a small shelter. When I finally did get on the bus, I found that I was going to wrong way, deeper into town than out of it. The bus driver informed me that I was supposed to have been at the bus station across the street. He kindly let me ride around with him for no extra fee, though, for which I was grateful. We (the bus, me, and all its inhabitants) finally got going in the right direction, and I got off at the Plaza de Armas, which is the large bus station in Seville. There I met Darby and Abby and we continued on to IKEA. Once there I got a hotdog, called a perrito, because I was starving, considering I hadn't had anything to eat and it was past 1. It only cost me ,50 Euro. (They have commas instead of question marks here; that would translate to .50, or half of a euro.) Once we got going Darby found a chair that she really liked, and Abby and I both found umbrellas (which, we both switched out for different colors in the end). I also got a clothes hamper, which I needed, and I think it will fit in my suitcase. Abby and Darby got various other things as well. Thankfully, David came and picked us up, so we didn't have to ride the bus home with all that stuff. Once at the Actons, Darby and Francesca went out to lunch while Abby and I ate with the other girls and played phase 10. We had picked up the whole Acton crew plus one Blacksten on the way. The car was pretty crowded. When Darby and Francesca came back, Olivia and Isabella accompanied Darby, Abby and I back to our house, where we played scum. Darby and Abby then left to go to English club at McDonalds (They brought me back a Happy Meal...and I was happy.) I painted Isabella's fingernails and then their dad came to pick them up. Later after Darby and Abby came home we watched Breakfast at Tiffany's, which I had never seen. It was good. That was my day yesterday, sorry I didn't get around to writing about it. Hopefully I will get around to writing about today, but later.

1 comment: