Thursday, February 12, 2009




 I went to Thursday Market this morning. It was a piece of road closed off along the park, a road I don't see used much when it isn't Thursday. It was interesting to see though. It felt like a small fair/flea market. Those buckets to the lower right of the street length picture are different olives. They don't like you to take pictures of them because of the "secret recipe". I don't know what that's all about. For breakfast I went to a van in front of the Market and got Churros y Chocolate, which is basically fried bread, sortof like a thick funnel cake, and melted chocolate. I had some Churros y Chocolate at the Cafe where we got tostadas and it was ok, but these were fantastic. For one thing, the chocolate wasn't hot chocolate, it was literally thick, melted chocolate.Another interesting food item (yes food) were snails. Escargot anyone? They were very pretty. I especially like the ones trying to escape. Poor little guys.
They have various other things to buy at the Market. It isn't very long in the first place. People set up their wares of jewlery, clothing, shoes, candy, floor mats, and stockings that are very popular for some reason. All in all it was a very interesting morning, but I quite enjoyed myself.
 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE drinking chocolate! Cool pictures - I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, does that look good! glad to see you're getting settled in...much love!

    ReplyDelete