Thursday, May 21, 2009

This morning I slept in a little bit, then got up and looked up subway lines to try and find out how to get to the fort here. Thanks to my 5 minute friends Jeff and John for the suggestion. It was totally worth it. On the way up, and they were right, it was a hike, I stopped at a little stand to get a coca-cola. Hands down, best coke i've ever had. It was cheap (the guy gave it to me for 1.80, idk if it was regularly that price or if it was a discount, but either way, it was cheap) and also, he said because I was really thirsty, he gave me one with ice still attached to the side. The inside was slushy like. It was heavenly. Sometimes it pays to be a girl. So anyway the fort affords the best view around of the city. There is also a pretty cool museum with lots of guns and knives. The fort is complete with cannons as well. On the way down I went to the Olympic Stadium. I wasn't really impressed. I did enjoy the museum attached to it though, it was interesting. I ate a bocadillo (that's a baguette style sandwich) at a little store outside the stadium for lunch, and I got an ice cream bar, of which I lost about 1/4 of it. It was still good. So on the way down I had also intended to go to some musical fountains, but they only play at 9 at night, so we'll see about those later. I ran into the national museum of catalan art, but i'm all arted out. They had some Picasso and Dali. I didn't go in, I just checked prices. I decided to go to the beach, because i'm in Barcelona. After getting off too early on the subway I went by foot to a park, where I found a statue of a mammoth, and then finally went on to the beach, where I stayed for about an hour, lying in the sun and then collecting cool rocks. Now i'm back in the hostel, but i'll go out for supper later. I'm a little pink, but comfortable in my new European clothes.

1 comment:

  1. "Sometimes it pays to be a girl" Truer words were never spoken.

    ReplyDelete