Sunday, May 17, 2009


So I just got back from El Rastro market which is only open on Sundays. Take the largest flea market you've ever been to, and put in on Steroids. Now double it. You might now have El Rastro. I don't know exactly how big it is, but it takes up at least 3 full streets. I tried to get some pictures, but it really won't show the extent of this thing. Plus, I didn't want to get my camera out too much, because of pickpocketers. The streets were packed, and I had to concentrate on keeping my stuff close to me at all times. The enery it took to walk that place made me tired, but it was really fun! Nanny, my grandmother, would have gone nuts over it. She would have been trying to bargain in Spanish. She is a lot better at it than I am. We would have lost her, and left her there all day. She might have even set up her own shop. They have everythhg you can think of at El Rastro from electrical plugs to CDs to candles to towels in the style of Euros. It was crazy! I did buy something, I would have felt bad to spend 3 hours there and leave empty handed. I promise I will put up some pictures tonight. Now off to go museum hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment