Friday, January 30, 2009

I have landed in Madrid. My next flight to Seville doesn't leave until 7:30 pm. It is now around 12 pm so I have a pretty long layover, in which I will probably eat and figure out exactly where I'm supposed to go to get to my flight gate, because at the moment I'm not exactly sure. My ticket says three different gates, and the flight to Seville on the destination map is leaving now, which makes me wonder why I couldn't have gotten on that flight instead of waiting around for 10 hours. It should all work out, at least I got through customs, which is a relief. I did have trouble with the cart to put my luggage bags on though, but there were a few nice people who helped me figure it out. Apparently you have to push down on the bar to get it to go, or the wheels lock up. I did have to get my luggage and check it back in and get a new ticket for my next flight. I did not know that I was going to have to do that, but I'm hoping that I won't see my pretty new bags until I land again in Seville. Unfortunately there are some black scuff marks on the cream trim, but my father warned me that might occur. Hopefully I can remove the scuff marks. At the moment I am sitting in a Wi-Fi area, paying for my time on the internet, which is only 30 minutes at 5 euros, which i'm not sure yet is a good deal, but its the best one I have. I had to get out some emails after all. So for all of you who are wondering I am safe, and very tired, and I will be sitting in an airport all day, but I should be in Seville by the end of the day. Wish me luck! I love all of you. I'm finally in Spain!

3 comments:

  1. We love you, Em! Have a good flight. You're in our prayers and we look forward to keeping up with all your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. $10 for 30 min? And I thought Europeans weren't capitalists.

    Have fun! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is not a good deal on wifi. It's normally 1 or 2 euros per 30 minutes... :/

    ReplyDelete